Hisense smart TVs are taking over the market and it comes with numerous pre-installed applications. But what if you want to install an app that is not available on the TV beforehand? So, many wonder how to download apps on Hisense Smart TV.
There are three common ways you can download apps on Hisense smart TV, including VEWD, Google Play Store, and Hisense App Store. The VEWD app store is best for cloud-based applications whereas the Google Play Store and App Store are designed to download and install the applications directly on the TV.
Here are three quick methods to access your favorite regular and cloud-based apps. So, dive right in.
How to Download & Install Apps on Hisense TV
Here is a breakdown of how to download and install apps on Hisense smart TV.
Connect Your TV to the Internet
Before you install apps on your Hisense TV, here are a few steps through which you can connect your TV to the internet.
- First, switch on your TV and go to Settings.
- From the options on the screen, select Network > Network Configuration > Disconnected > OK.
- Next, go back to the settings menu and select the connection type to Wireless. Then, choose a WiFi connection, enter a password, and hit the OK button.
- Now that the internet is connected to the TV, it is ready to download and install the apps.
Using the App Store
If you want to download applications on your Hisense TV using the app store, follow these simple steps. It is pretty straightforward like installing an app on your phone. Let us do this on the Hisense VIDAA smart TV.
- First, switch on the TV and press the home button to go to the main menu.
- Next, go to the My Apps section and hit the OK button.
- From here, choose the App Store and press the OK button.
- Now, you can use the arrow button on the screen to browse through the categories. Then, select the app you want to download and install.
- If the remote is not working, you can always use the on-screen keyboard. Do note that we are talking about the VIDAA smart TV.
- Once you decide on the app, open it and click Install > OK. It will initiate the download process immediately. Usually, it only takes around a minute to download one app with an active internet connection. Once the download is complete, you can add or remove it to the TV.
Check out the fixes for Hisense TV black screen issue if you Hisense TV is stuck on the black screen and nothing is happening.
Using the Google Play Store
The second method is using the Google Play Store. It is by far the simplest and easiest way you can get apps on your smart TV. Here are a few steps you need to follow to download and install apps on Hisense TV.
- First, switch on your TV and take the remote control. From here, go to the App section and click OK.
- After this, go to the Get More Apps button and hit OK.
- Please consider that you need to sign in to the Google account. You may need to sign up if you do not already have an account.
- From here, you can browse all the app categories and narrow down the options. This way, it becomes easier to search for the app you want to install.
- Once decided, select the app you want to install and hit the OK button from your remote.
- After this, click Install and press the OK button.
- Finally, your app will be installed in a minute or two. Make sure your TV has an active internet connection.
Using the VEWD App Store
Now, when it comes to cloud-based apps, the VEWD App Store allows you to access the apps without even installing them. So, you do not have to install applications on your Hisense TV. Follow some simple steps to get apps through the VEWD App Store.
- First, switch on your TV and use the remote control to navigate the menu. From the main menu, go to the Apps section.
- From here, select the VEWD App Store from the App section and hit the OK button.
- It allows you to filter out your options using the Advanced Filters from the top of your screen. Using this, you can narrow down the app’s categories, including Movies & TV, popular, New, Sports, Technology, etc.
- Next, select an app from the menu and press the OK button on your remote. Given it is a cloud-based alternative, you do not have to download the app. It will launch on its own.
- Finally, you will be able to enjoy all your favorite streaming apps without having to download them.
Can You Install Third-Party Apps on Hisense Smart TV?
Yes, there is a way through which you can access the apps that may not be available on your Hisense TV. Here is how you can do this. But before that, you will need the following.
- Download the Google Chrome browser on your TV, so that you can install the APK file of the required application.
- Or, if you do not have the browser, you can download the APK file on your PC and paste it onto the TV using a USB drive. You can download APK files using APKPure.
Now, here is the actual process.
- First, turn on your Hisense TV and go to the Settings menu.
- From here, select Personal and go to the Security option from the pop-up menu. Click Unknown Sources and enable Permission for Unknown Sources. It allows downloading the APK file on your TV.
- Next, go to your TV’s File Manager to locate the APK file you downloaded from the browser.
- Hit the Installer and it will start the downloading process. Typically, it does not take more than a minute with an active internet connection.
How to download apps on Hisense TV that are not readily available and pre-installed on the TV? Well, it is pretty straightforward once you know the right way. I hope this guide has helped you in figuring out the correct method to download apps on your Hisense TV.
Check out the fixes for Xfinity Router Blinking Orange.