Dealing with Xfinity router problems can be a bit frustrating at home, especially when you don’t know what is wrong with it. One recurring problem with the Xfinity router is its orange blinking, which is a warning sign. In this case, you need to troubleshoot the problem and find an effective solution.
Once you know why the Xfinity router is blinking orange, it is easier to find the right solution. Here are a few quick fixes:
- Reboot the Router
- Double-Check the Cables
- Check the Splitter
- Check for ISP Outage
- Remove Surge Protectors
- Change the Router Operation Mode
- Factory Reset the Router
If your Xfinity router has been blinking orange for quite some time, here are some potential causes and their quick fixes. So, dive right in to know more.
Finding a solution is easier when you know why it happens. So, here are a few common causes why your Xfinity router has an orange blinking light.
If you are using the splitter, it is most likely that you will experience the blinking of the orange light. The solution for this problem is pretty straightforward, as you only have to check and replace the splitter.
The router may also blink orange because of a simple firmware update. In this case, you would need a firmware upgrade, which is fairly easy and requires you to follow a few steps.
Another reason why your Xfinity router may blink orange is the presence of faulty cables. In this case, you will need to evaluate the condition of the cable and replace it.
Hardware problems are inevitable when it comes to machinery. It can be anything from a faulty modem to a router and wiring issues. In all these cases, you will need technical assistance.
Sometimes, it happens that the router becomes overloaded and consumes more than usual power, resulting in overheating. It is generally caused by data-heavy apps like online gaming and video streaming. To find whether it is overheated, touch the router and see whether it feels warmer than usual.
Check out how to download apps on Hisense Smart TV.
Once you know why the Xfinity router is blinking orange, it is easier to find the right solution. Here are a few quick fixes.
Reboot the Router
Restarting is the first thing you need to do in case your Xfinity router shows blinking of any light (red, white, or orange). It helps the device terminate all the faulty settings and bring the device to a blank state. Here is how you can reboot the Xfinity router.
- First, turn off your router. You can do this either from the Xfinity app or manually.
- After this, unplug the router from the main power source.
- Next, wait for at least thirty seconds and plug the router back into the outlet.
- Finally, switch on the router, and you should be good to go.
Double-Check the Cables
In some cases, the constant blinking of the orange light can also be caused by damaged ethernet or fiber optic cables. In this case, you first need to make sure that the ethernet connectors are correctly placed inside the router, as they frequently get a loose grip after cleaning or when you are moving the router. When it comes to fiber optics, you need to make sure that the optics have no bends, as they tend to break from minor bends.
Check the Splitter
If the cause of your router blinking orange is a faulty splitter, you need to check whether it is damaged. In this case, you need to do the following.
- First, check for physical damage in your splitters. See whether there are any signs of cracks or discoloration.
- Next, check whether all the cables are firmly connected to the splitter. If the cables are loosely connected to the splitter, it may result in the orange light blinking.
- If the issue is still there, you may need to change to a different splitter to connect the modem to the router.
Check for ISP Outage
If the orange light on your modem is blinking over a long period of time, it might be that the router has encountered a server outage. You can also confirm it through the xFi application or the Xfinity application, both of which are available on the Play Store and App Store. The company also allows you to check it on its website by tracking your GPS location.
- To check your ISP status on the official website, follow these simple steps.
- Visit the xFinity status center to check the service outage in your area.
- If there is an ISP outage, you will have to wait for a long time to see the status.
- Fix it from the official website, and your router should return to normal operation.
Remove Surge Protectors
Most people use surge protectors to keep their routers secured from external damage, which can often lead to power blockage and eventually cause the router to have a blinking orange light. To resolve this issue, you need to unplug the router and remove the surge protector. Next, plug the outlet back into the power source and see whether the orange light disappears.
Change the Router Operation Mode
Another way you can fix this issue is by changing your router setting to operation mode. To do this, follow these simple steps.
- First, log into your Xfinity router’s web interface.
- Next, from the main menu, find the operation mode from the advanced setting menu.
- After this, select a preferred mode and hit the Access Point button.
- Finally, hit the save button to clock the adjustments.
Factory Reset the Router
Aside from the soft reboot, you can also factory reset the Xfinity router. It changes your modem’s setting to the default when it was bought originally. Here is how you can factory reset the router.
- First, find the reset button on the router. Or go to the Xfinity app to reset the router.
- Next, press and hold it for at least ten to fifteen seconds until it starts the reboot function.
- After this, release the button and wait for the router to restart.
- It should solve any issue that is causing the orange blinking.
Xfinity router users often complain about the orange light blinking constantly, which is a major sign there is something wrong with the router. The good thing is that once detected, resolving this issue is pretty straightforward. I hope this guide has been helpful for anyone currently experiencing the issue.
Find out the fixes for Hisense TV black screen.