Blink Sync does not have any screen or support voice commands, but it communicates with the help of lights. The slow blinking light may mean something else, while the fast blinking light indicates the device is not working properly. If the green light on the device starts blinking, it indicates that the network has an issue or the device cannot pair with the cameras.
Most people ask what is the purpose of it and why it is so important for a Blink Sync Module owner to know the functions of lights. It is the hub of the security cameras that control and connect them with the cloud. So, a blinking green light on it means that your security device is facing issues; let’s look deeper and see the nature of issues with their solutions.
Blink Sync Module Blinking Green
- Pairing Issues: The device faces pairing issues; it cannot connect with the cloud and camera. You can use the Blink Sync App to repair the device properly.
- Weak Wifi Signal: The device cannot find the Wifi signals if the blinking is fast. You can move it closer to the router for better performance.
- Connection Impaired: It also indicates that the device cannot connect with the cameras. You can use an application to reconnect or use another stable network.
I have been fixing them for more than 5 years, and in these long years of experience, I have seen people bring their devices, claiming they are dead. They do not bother themselves to fix the issues by checking the connection or resetting the device. A new Blink Sync Module may cost you over 200 bucks, and its installation with connection services expenses are separate from the device’s price.
However, people are more prone to waste their hard-earned money on these devices. The manufacturing brand claims that its service life is about 3 to 5 years, meaning that if the module wears out before the mentioned duration, you can fix it. They are very simple to solve, and if you follow my instructions, you can troubleshoot them within a few minutes.
Blink Sync Module LED Explained
You should understand the mechanism and the purpose of these LED lights and their colors for the Blink Sync Module. The device has two LED lights, and the green light appears in a bottom side LED. It also has red and blue colors, but each color light blinks according to the issue the device faces.
- Green Light: The green light indicates that your device is connected to the internet and other devices.
- Red Light: A solid red light indicates that the device is offline.
It is the very simple explanation that you have seen above. The problem is not with the solid lights but when they start blinking. For example, if the green light blinks, there can be a list of issues, from pairing problems to internet issues and code errors.
There are different ways in which these lights blink. If the green light blinks very slowly, the pairing cannot finish the process and must be paired again. On the other hand, if the green light blinks fast, it indicates that the device has network or technical issues and requires updates.
Learn how to fix the Xfinity Router Blinking Orange.
Causes & Troubleshoots
Local Network Issue
The local network connection malfunctioning causes 70% of the issues. If the green light blinks fast, it indicates that the local network cannot provide the required speed or the internet has disconnected. The impaired connection between the device and the internet has also disrupted a connection between the module and the server, and the green light is blinking to inform you of this issue.
- Step 1: Check the internet connection by verifying that the router works.
- Step 2: Use your cell phone to connect them to the same network and conduct a speed test. You can use both kinds of cell phones, Android or iOS. Download an application called “Internet Speed Test.”
- Step 3: If you use VP directly on the router, remove it because it may hinder the network’s performance.
- Step 4: If the Blink Sync Module is far from the router, you should move it closer.
It is possible that these four steps do not help you, and you need to call a professional. But before you grab your cell phone, refresh the router and reboot it. Sometimes, the problem is not with the Blink Sync Module but with the internet provider, and you should see that the router is working.
Router Power Cycling
The latest devices have power cycling issues, which may cause glitches and impact performance. Power cycling issues are simple to eliminate by resetting the devices when it is not connected to the power source. It establishes a strong connection and formats the previous information.
- Step 1: Remove the plug from the wall outlet and disconnect the router’s power source.
- Step 2: Press the power button for 15 seconds during the power off. It will remove all kinds of static charges with the internal components.
- Step 3: Leave the power button after 15 seconds and wait 20 seconds before reconnecting.
- Step 4: Reconnect the device after the duration mentioned and check if the Blink Sync Module works.
Factory Reset The Module
If the network impairment is hard to solve with the help of these hacks, then you can factory reset the device. It will delete all the previous data available on the device, so it will be erased if you have personalized any information. The factory reset will renew the settings, and you must connect all the devices again with the module.
- Step 1: A button is at the back of the Sync module. The shape of the reset button may vary, but it is usually located near the USB port.
- Step 2: The button is inside a small hole; you need a hairpin or SIM ejector pin to press it.
- Step 3: Press the button for over 10 seconds, and you will see a blinking red light on the device. It is a message that the reset procedure has been started and will be completed within 15 seconds.
- Step 4: The blue light will turn on at the end of the procedure, indicating that you have successfully reset the module.
- You will lose all the data.
- You should not reset initially, but try when all troubleshoots fail.
- After the factory reset, you must change the settings and enter codes or PINs to connect it to other devices.
Switching The Network
The module shows quick green light blinks, indicating the system has an internet problem. You have tried all the solutions, from resetting the module to changing the router’s settings, but nothing worked. There are possibilities that the network is impaired or disconnected from the Blink Sync Module because of a code error that may lead to an unresolved network error.
In such conditions, you should check the internet speed and network performance by connecting the network to devices like a cell phone or a PC. You should change the module’s network if the internet works on other devices but only shows problems. Here are the steps to switch the network.
- Step 1: Connect your mobile device to a new Wifi network.
- Step 2: Download the Blink Mobile Application.
- Step 3: When you open the application, the “Device and System Settings” option is in front of you; tap on it.
- Step 4: Select the “Setting” icon on the screen to which the malfunctioning module belongs.
- Step 5: Now, choose the sync module and tap “Change Wifi network”.
- Step 6: Reset the module with the help of the steps I mentioned above.
- Step 7: First, a red light will start blinking to indicate that reset has begun, then blue, and at the end, a green light will appear.
- Step 8: Click on “Discover Devices”, and it will start searching for a new device.
- Step 9: Select the device, tap “Join” and choose the 2.4 GHz network.
- Step 10: Provide the password or PIN.
- Step 11: You will see a notification “Sync Module added to the system”. Tap on the “Done” button to finish the process.
Re-add Sync Module to Network
Connectivity disruption is a very common problem caused by the impaired network. It occurs because the network is malfunctioning or the sync device is not processing signals. The problem is not the Wifi signals but the module’s software causing the problem.
When the green LED blinks fast, we should take steps to solve the network issues. You can reset the router, or factory reset the module, but sometimes it does not resolve the problem. You only need to re-add it to the network, and the device will start working.
- Step 1: Go to the Blinking Sync app application on your cell phone.
- Step 2: Tap “Settings” and open the “Devices and System Setting”.
- Step 3: Select the specific system where the network is malfunctioning, such as the “Home”.
- Step 4: Select the “Sync Module” and delete it. Now confirm that it has been removed.
- Step 5: Reset the module mentioned above with a hairpin’s help.
- Step 6: Go to the application again and tap the “+” button to add a new device.
- Step 7: Select the “Sync Module” and turn the device back; you will see a QR code.
- Step 8: Scan the QR code or add the device’s serial number to the application.
- Step 9: It will ask for all the initial information, such as the device’s name and the network information; provide all and add the PIN if required.
- Step 10: Once you have provided all the information, wait for the blue light to blink and then the green light.
- Step 11: Tap on the “Discover Devices” and add the device, then tap on the “Join” and press the “Done” button.
Find out if Blink works with Ring devices.
How To Prevent Network Issues?
As mentioned above, the device is blinking green light for several reasons. If it starts blinking for the first time, you must act as soon as possible because if you delay the decision, the issue may be enhanced with time. Once you have solved the problem, you need to keep working on maintaining the module to prevent the green light blinking problems.
The old Sync Modules are not efficient enough; if you use an old device, discard it as soon as possible and bring the latest one. The latest devices have updated software that provides effective results and resolves network issues without giving indications.
You should also check if the updates are available every month. Updating the software aims to increase performance efficiency and enable devices to work without disturbance. Updates will also eliminate code errors and impaired networks.
You should also check the Wifi software occasionally and optimize the device. The WiFi device software also requires updating; it may stop working if you do not check its performance. So, you should optimize the network and place it near the Blinking Sync Module.
Sometimes, the issue is not the network or the software but the power that can trigger a list of malfunctions in the device. You should see whether the wall outlet is providing sufficient voltages. Use an electric meter to examine the power in the module.
If the module is not connected to any kind of power source but requires batteries to operate, then check the power level of the batteries. Batteries decay with time, and if you have not changed the module’s battery for over 3 months, you need to replace it as soon as possible; otherwise, the module will stop working.
Do I need more than one Blink Sync Module?
Whether you need more than one Blink Sync Module depends on a list of factors such as the number of cameras, location, connectivity properties of the router, and desired features. However, you can use multiple devices on the same Blink App account. If you want to know how to do it, check how to share Blink camera access with other users.
Will Blink work without a module?
No, Blink cameras cannot work without the module. You need a single device to connect all the cameras with the cloud and the WiFi. For this, you need a Blink module.
Does the Blink module record?
Yes, it can record when you insert a USB flash drive and store the motion clips for a long.
What is the range of the Blink Sync Module?
Its range is about 100 feet. You can effortlessly connect the cameras with the module in a range of 30 meters.
How many cameras can the Blink module hold?
You can connect almost 10 cameras to the module. The module’s capacity depends upon its latest technological sophistication and the software installed in the device.
The Blink Sync Module green light is an important part of the device that informs about all the malfunctioning and connection issues. One should understand the complexity of the issues before he goes to fix them and also read the device manual. Not all devices have similar issues, so it is recommended to research before you start working on the problems.
There are possible chances that the green light is blinking because of connection problems, but updating the device’s software is also recommended when you see the green light blinking. I suggest people use two devices simultaneously to avoid connection issues because of the number of network connection loads.
If you face the green light blinking, you should follow the troubleshoots I have mentioned above with simple steps and important notes, and if the issue is not resolved, then contact Blink’s customer care.