Gone are the days when you need to hire a guard for home security. You can keep your security in the digital world with innovative smart equipment and technology. One such smart technology that offers unparalleled security is Wyze cameras.
But the thing is, this new technology confuses many people, and they struggle to connect the Wyze camera with Wi-Fi. But you don’t have to worry because we have got you covered.
Today’s blog will guide you on connecting it to Wi-Fi, so don’t go anywhere. Hop in to learn this with us.
Install the Wyze app on your smartphone and create an account. Then log in to your account and tap the “+” button. Press the setup button on the back of your camera and select I heard “ready to connect” in the app. Now, enter the Wi-Fi details to connect it to Wi-Fi.
Wyze Camera Setup Guide
How to Connect Wyze Camera to Wi-Fi
Many think they can handle any smart device independently, but the truth is that not every innovation is everyone’s cup of tea. Wyze Cam was one of those for me. I struggled to connect it to the Wi-Fi for the first time.
I am penning down the steps I followed to connect the camera to the Wi-Fi. So, if Wyze camera is giving you a tough time, follow my lead.
- Install the Wyze app on your smartphone.
- Once it’s installed, open the app and create an account. If you already have a Wyze account, log in using the credentials.
- Now, look for the plus “+” icon in your account. It will probably be on the top left corner of the Wyze app.
- Tap on the plus icon and select “Add Device.”
- Plug your Wyze camera into a power outlet and wait for the indicator to flash a light.
- Press the setup button on the backside or bottom of your Wyze camera. Keep the setup button pressed until you hear “Ready to connect”.
- Now select your Wi-Fi network and enter your password to connect. Remember to use 2.4 GHz networks only for better coverage.
- After entering your Wi-Fi details, tap the “Next” button to proceed.
- Can you see a QR code on the screen? You will need to scan it from your camera. Just point the camera’s lens before your phone screen to let it scan the QR code. Maintain three inches and wait for a minute or more until it says, “QR code scanned; please wait”
- Now check the option “I heard, QR code scanned” on the app.
- Tap on “Next” and enter a name for your camera.
- After naming your device, press the “Start” button.
That’s all. Your camera is now connected to your home’s Wi-Fi network, and you can watch the live stream.
Do you know that you can also view Wyze camera on PC.
How to Update Firmware of Wyze Camera?
Using the Wyze camera is not limited to installing the Wyze smartphone app. Once you connect it to your smartphone, it will prompt you to download the latest version of Firmware. To manually update the app, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Just go to your Wyze smartphone app.
- Tap on “Settings,” which is at the bottom right corner of the app.
- Find “Device info” in this list.
- Select the “Firmware Upgrade” option to start the update process. You won’t be able to access the camera while updating Firmware.
- Wait till the installation process is complete.
- Do not close the app, as it pauses or cancels the updating process.
- It will hardly take five to ten minutes.
- Once the update is complete, the camera will restart automatically.
Can I Delete a Wi-Fi Network from the Wyze App?
Just like connecting your Wyze app with a Wi-Fi network, you can remove a W-iFi network from the Wyze app, too. If you no longer use the Wi-Fi network to which your Wyze camera was connected, follow these steps to delete the network.
- Go to the Wyze app from your smartphone.
- Tap “Livestream” and select the camera model you want to disconnect from the network.
- Open “Settings.”
- Scroll down, and you will see “Delete device” there. Tap on it to delete the device from your camera-associated devices.
Once the previous device is disconnected or deleted, you can connect the Wyze camera to a new Wi-Fi network. I don’t need to repeat how to connect it to Wi-Fi, do I? There is nothing new; follow the procedure by which you connect your camera to Wi-Fi for the first time.
Fix Wyze Camera Wi-Fi Connection Issue
If you follow the steps we mentioned above to connect it to Wi-Fi, it’s highly unlikely you face a connection problem. But still, if it occurs for any reason, here’s how you can fix it.
- Most of the connection issues get fixed by restarting your device. Restart both your camera and Home Wi-Fi router. This will permanently improve the network connection issue.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi information is correct. Check the ID and password you entered to connect Wi-Fi with the Wyze camera. Even a single letter mistake will not let the devices connect.
- Make sure you are using an updated version of the Wyze camera. You can quickly check if any Firmware updates are available from your Wyze app. Open the app and go to settings. Tap on Firmware updates to get the latest version of Firmware.
- Disable the Mac filtering option on your router. This also interrupts the smooth connection of the camera with your W-iFi network.
- Ensure you use a robust Wi-Fi network because it needs a strong network to connect and work properly.
- If any troubleshooting methods are not working, factory reset your camera. This will fix all the existing issues, and your camera will return to default settings.
- Another option is contacting Wyze customer care. Brief them on your problem; they will guide you to fix it effortlessly.
Learn how to share Blink camera access with other users and manage the devices using Blink camera.
How do I connect my Wyze camera to a new Wi-Fi network?
To connect the camera to a new Wi-Fi network, remove the previous device from the app first and then add the new network by tapping on the plus icon.
Why is my camera not connecting to the Internet?
If your Wyze camera is not connecting to the Internet, your firmware app is probably outdated. To get it back, update the firmware and power cycle your camera. Remove the camera from the power source for a few seconds and plug it back.
How do I reconnect it after changing Wi-Fi?
Go to the Home page of your Wyze app and click on the plus sign on the top left corner. Tap on “Add Device” and go to “Camera.” Select your camera model and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your camera again.
How do I connect it to Wi-Fi without a password?
Scan the QR from the Wyze smartphone app with the camera lens to connect your camera to Wi-Fi without a password.
The Bottom Line
Wyze security cameras are a fantastic innovation with various advanced features that help users secure their property 24/7. If you have a Wyze camera but struggle to connect to Wi-Fi, you can get help from our guide. Just follow our stepwise guide, and you will be good to go.